In many ways, the proper growth of a child is determined by a balanced diet. Children always need vitamins, but in the first months and years of life especially, their balance depends on growth and mental development.
Why your baby needs vitamins
Vitamins are nutrients that ensure the optimal development and function of various organs and systems of newborns and infants, especially during a period of intense growth. The main source of vitamins in infants is breast milk or milk formula. The concentration of vitamins in breast milk depends on the nursing mother’s diet and taking vitamin-mineral supplementation. National and international standards determine the balance of vitamins in milk formula. Both avitaminosis and hypervitaminosis are dangerous for the growing body.
What vitamins are most needed in the baby’s diet?
A child needs a complete list of vitamins and trace elements in a balanced composition, but the most important can be considered vitamins A, D, E, K, and B vitamins.
The role of vitamins in infant’s nutrition
Each vitamin has its function, so, for example:
– Vitamin A is essential for vision and the health of the skin and mucous membranes.
– Vitamins B1, B6, and B12 are very important for the harmonious development of the nervous system. They are indispensable for physical and mental activity.
– Vitamin C helps to strengthen immunity and prevent anemia through a positive effect on iron absorption.
– Vitamin D is responsible for the formation of children’s bones and teeth, strengthening immunity.
– Vitamin E protects cells from free radicals. It helps to restore the skin and strengthen vision.
– Vitamin K is responsible for blood quality.
What are the sources of vitamins?
Vitamins are nutrients that ensure the optimal development and function of various organs and systems of newborns and infants, especially during a period of intense growth. The main source of vitamins in infants is breast milk or milk formula. The concentration of vitamins in breast milk depends on the nursing mother’s diet. But when choosing a baby formula, it is essential to thoroughly check its composition to ensure that it contains all the necessary vitamins.
Many baby food manufacturers put a special emphasis on such an important aspect as vitamins for children. For example, in a European formula shop, you can find various baby foods with a balanced vitamin and micronutrient composition taking into account the needs of babies during their first years of life. That’s why in the case of bottle feeding, the formula provides a baby with the necessary nutrients for harmonious development.